Welcome to Battery Dance’s Studio Share Program!
Please spend a few moments reviewing the information below before booking the space.
– Keep door closed during reservations.
– Close window, and turn off lights when you leave.
– Buzz in your own guests.
– Pick up a key and pay the refundable $5 key deposit during office hours, Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm.
– EVENING AND WEEKEND RENTERS – if you are the last renter of the day you must turn off fan, AC, or set thermostat down to 55.
– Leave the studios, hallway, and bathrooms in the condition in which they were found.
– Manage your time. Do not enter the space until your reservation begins and exit the space when your reservation ends.
Please note that our cancellation policy is based on when a renter requests the space regardless of the reservation’s official confirmation status.
To cancel your reservation you must contact the Studio Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not officially cancel and do not show up to your reservation, you are still subject to pay your invoice as that block of time was unavailable to other renters.
– Renters may receive a studio credit or a refund for a booking that is cancelled at least one week (7 days) in advance of the reservation. No refunds or credit will be given for cancelations within one week (7 days) of the reservation.
– Any bookings made within one week of the reservation date are not eligible for a refund upon cancellation, but may be rescheduled within 24 hours of setting up the reservation.
– Renters will not be refunded for reservations missed due to their lack of keys.
– Renters will receive a credit if the cancelation within one week of the reservation was due to COVID-19.
Penalties and Fines
– Renters are responsible for closing the doors behind them when done using the space.
ALL DOORS MUST BE SECURELY SHUT AT ALL TIMES. PROPPING DOORS OPEN IS NEVER ALLOWED.
This rule is in place so that Battery can continue to offer a safe, secure, affordable and accessible space for renters.
Failure to follow this rule will result in a $50 fine.
– Any renter who leaves the studio in less than clean condition will receive a verbal or written warning.
Failure to respond and/or a repeated offense may result in a $25 fine.
– Any renter who fails to turn off the lights, fans, AC or heaters upon leaving the space will receive a $50 fine.
– A 10% late charge will be added to any balance 30 days past due.
– The use of rosin is prohibited in the studios. Failure to follow this rule will result in a $100 fine.
– No food and drink (other than water) are allowed in the studios.
– Battery Dance, including the stairwell, is a smoke-free facility.
– The use of candles and incense is prohibited.
– Tap shoes, shoes with nails (for Flamenco dancing), and heels are strictly prohibited. Ballet shoes and clean sneakers are permitted.
– Renters are prohibited from manually adjusting the sound levels on the hanging speakers.
– Renters are not permitted to use the space outside of their rental time.
Paying for Space
Short Term Renters: Payment for space must be made prior to use of the space. Renters cannot use the space without paying.
Longer Term Renters:* Credit card information must be provided. Renters will be sent an invoice no later than the 5th of the month.
*A renters is considered a long term renter if they rent the space once a week for more than 3 consecutive months, are in good standing, and have not violated the studio policies. Consult with the Studio Coordinator to verify your current status.
You can make a payment in one of the following ways:
– In Person. For your convenience cash, credit card, and personal checks are all accepted at the office.
– Should you pay by check and it bounces, there is a $500 fee added to your account, regardless of rental cost
– By Phone. (212-219-3910). American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard are all accepted.
– By Mail. Long term renters can send a check if payment cannot be made in person or with a credit card.