Rehearsal Subsidy Program
Battery Dance is proud to offer subsidized rehearsal space to NYC dance artists in 2024. Eligible artists will be able to rent either of our studios at just $10/hour to create, experiment, and rehearse. Please read the following information carefully to understand the limitations and determine if you are eligible to use the subsidized hours.
– Battery Dance has a limited number of hours we can offer to our renters from January 1 – December 31, 2024. Each renter (individual, collective, or company) can use up to 50 hours of rehearsal space at the subsidized rate until we reach our collective limit.
– The subsidized rate will be $10/hour in both the front and back studios.
– Subsidized hours are restricted to dance rehearsals only. All classes, workshops, auditions, film shoots, and non-dance rentals will continue at the regular rates.
– Individual artists, fiscally sponsored artists or collectives, and non-profit organizations with an annual operating budget under $1,000,000 are eligible to use the subsidized hours. Non-profits with an annual operating budget over $1,000,000 and for-profit companies are not eligible.
– We will still open our rental calendar on the 1st of each month, and the subsidized hours will be used on a first come, first served basis.
– All current Battery Dance Studio Guidelines will remain the same.
How it works:
If you are interested in using these subsidized hours in 2024, please fill out the eligibility form below. Each renter is only required to fill out the eligibility form once. Then, continue to request the space as you normally would. If you are eligible, your invoice will be adjusted after you request a reservation, and the Studio Coordinator will send you the updated link to pay.
Please note, that when you book the space, your automated invoice will show the full amount, not the subsidized rate. The Studio Coordinator will evaluate each eligibility form then adjust accordingly.
Our current cancellation policy is still in effect. Renters may receive a studio credit or a refund for a booking that is cancelled at least one week (7 days) in advance of the reservation. No refunds or credit will be given for cancellations within one week of the reservation. If a renter shows a pattern of booking many hours at the subsidized rate and cancelling last minute, they will forfeit their eligibility to use the subsidized hours.
Renters will only need to fill out the form once for 2024.